Anyway, onto the ghouls themselves, I'm very happy with how they came out. I used Warboss Tae's approach of a basecoat and lots of washes to give the Ghouls that fiendishly purple and mottled pallor. I started with a basecoat of Rakarth Flesh, with a wash of Reikland over the top. I then moved on to basecoat the scars and bloody bits with Khorne Red and then gave the whole mini a wash of Carroburg Crimson. After that, I base coated the rest of the details and gave the ghouls a final wash of Druchii Violet to bring that nice purple colour in.
|The eagle-eyed amongst you will see that there are only 19 in the picture - one is currently on the repair table!|
Anyway, that's another minor goal ticked off my Hobby Progress Challenge so I think I get a stamp! Yay!
Stay Tuned, because I have a lot more hobby stuff to reveal later on this week!
P.S. Apparently our schools 'School Takeover' magazine that our club wrote was so good that it was passed on to the White Dwarf team! Both Commissar Raphel and I wrote two articles and linked the blog in several times, so if anybody from GW/WD happens to visit, it would be great if you could drop a comment to let us know what you think of the blog :)