Sunday 4 December 2016

Showcase: Crypt Ghouls!

Hi everyone, today I'm going to be showing you the 20 Crypt Ghouls I painted for an event one of my friends and I ran last month at our local Games Workshop. It was called the Last Stand, a mashup of 40k and Age Of Sigmar, based on a zombie survival principle. The rules pack is here, and we wrote it ourselves so any feedback would be much appreciated!
Anyway, onto the ghouls themselves, I'm very happy with how they came out. I used Warboss Tae's approach of a basecoat and lots of washes to give the Ghouls that fiendishly purple and mottled pallor. I started with a basecoat of Rakarth Flesh, with a wash of Reikland over the top. I then moved on to basecoat the scars and bloody bits with Khorne Red and then gave the whole mini a wash of Carroburg Crimson. After that, I base coated the rest of the details and gave the ghouls a final wash of Druchii Violet to bring that nice purple colour in.

The eagle-eyed amongst you will see that there are only 19 in the picture - one is currently on the repair table!

I used some Tamiya Clear Red to add a blood effect to them and I think it came out really well, I will use this again in the future for blood effects.

Anyway, that's another minor goal ticked off my Hobby Progress Challenge so I think I get a stamp! Yay!
Stay Tuned, because I have a lot more hobby stuff to reveal later on this week!
~DaemonColin

P.S. Apparently our schools 'School Takeover' magazine that our club wrote was so good that it was passed on to the White Dwarf team! Both Commissar Raphel and I wrote two articles and linked the blog in several times, so if anybody from GW/WD happens to visit, it would be great if you could drop a comment to let us know what you think of the blog :)




No comments:

Post a Comment