However, when I get back, I have one heck of a job on my hands, so I'd better get explaining...
Basically, the school that both Commissar Raphel and I attend has a Warhammer 40k club, run by quite an enthusiastic teacher! Recently, at an open evening which the club was a part of I discovered the state the club models are in. After seeing these, they made me want to stop doing the hobby, and so I volunteered to help sort it out, so I'm taking some of the models home over the holidays. When, I get hold of the models I will be able to show in my detail, but these models are:
- Half built or built badly
- If built, then they are either primed, completely unpainted, or painted to a THIN YOUR PAINTS level https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c
- Parts missing, damage etc etc
I'm not sure how many models I will get to sort, but to my knowledge this is the amount of models the club currently has:
- 3000+ points of Orks (a lot of these are the teachers personal models - although he's got no idea which ones are and which ones aren't!)
- Betrayal at Calth
- Ad Mech Start Collecting! Box
- Necron Start Collecting! Box
- Some random tau, space marines and other crap
- Inventory the models to know what I have to work with and to work out whats gone missing etc
- For half built or unbuilt models find the pieces and build them up. For badly built models try and do what I can to make them look better! Repair damage with greenstuff and other bits
- Finish primed models, if unpainted prime and paint.
- Judge the painting of the other models and work out if they need stripping to be redone or if they will be acceptable as is.
Also over the summer I'm currently planning to attend the Combat Patrol event being run on the 29th August at Warhammer World in Nottingham, so if you're going I'll see you there hopefully!
Stay tuned for some more posts, including me sorting this lot and also some updates on my CSM and Vampire Counts with perhaps some new Daemons models coming in for next year Schools League (450 pts woooo!).