Wednesday 13 July 2016

Imperial Fists Contemptor

As promised yesterday, I took some pictures of my contemptor dread that I painted up alongside my squad of cataphractii. This guy is the plastic model from the Betrayal at Calth set however i made a few alterations to him. As well as the base i built using spare scenery parts, I spent some time reposing the mini so that he looked less static; moving one of his legs backwards and twisting the torso at the waist slightly just to give the impression that he's moving. After a lick of paint he's now ready to take to the field alongside his terminator brethren.

The finished contemptor with the cataphractii unit. These guys held their own against a unit of GK paladins with Drago in close combat recently!!


When I first started painting this model I was slightly worried that I would not be able to achieve the colours and effects that i did on the terminators. Luckily the layering and sponge weathering scaled up well and I was able to produce results on this guy that I'm really happy with.

Thanks for reading guys!
-Commissar Raphel


No comments:

Post a Comment